July 7, 2007

Mildred J. Beaver

Yesterday one of my favorite people left this Earth. Many of you know that my Gram had been suffering from health issues for just over the last 6 months, and yesterday her pain ended. She finally got to be with the two people she loved the most, God and my Pop-Pop.

The picture above is the last time that I saw her in mid May. For anyone who knew her was truly blessed. She was the most kind-hearted and generous person, who was always there for those she loved. No matter where we lived when I was growing up, she always found a way to visit. I remember one trip to Oregon where she smuggled a log of Summer Sausage (a local lunch meat) on the plane for us. Food was just one the ways she showed her love (if you ever had the chance to have a meal at her house you know she always managed to pull everything she had from the fridge).

My Gram was my "moral gauge" if you will. My dad once said, "How would you feel if your Gram knew you did that?" when I was going to make a bad choice. She always thought more of me than I was worthy of, but I tried to keep her in mind over the years. I would have never wanted to tarnish her opinion of me.

I am sad that my son will never have the opportunity to meet her, but hopefully I am can be a better mother to him for the time I was able to have with her.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Pamela--I'm so sorry to hear about your Gram! I had no idea....but it is comforting to know that she is in a better place. How are you doing with it? love you!

Anonymous said...

Pamela,
I'm so sorry. She was such a sweet person. I'm here if you need anything. Love you clone baby!