September 19, 2007

A New Experience

Today was my 36 week checkup and we received some intersting news. Apparently baby Emerson is getting very ready to come into the world. The doctor checked my today and said that he is head down and I am 1-2 centimeters dilated. The doctor was actually able to touch the baby's head. That freaked me out a little! I have had a small meltdown this evening, as I was not prepared for Emerson to be here sooner than 4 weeks from now. The doctor seems confident that I will not make it to my due date. I go back again next Thursday for another checkup.

Please keep us in your prayers as we kick it into high gear for the last minute preparations still yet to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I'm sure you didn't expect to hear that yesterday. I'll be praying for you, Chad, and Emerson. Keep me posted!

Renee said...

Ditto! Love you and am praying for you every step of the way. How exciting to know that God has planned out everyone of Emerson's days already and knows EXACTLY when he's to enter this world. May you be able to rest in knowing God's still in control! Love you!