November 21, 2007

What will you call him?


I have been asked by several people lately,"What is the baby's full name?" When I reply, "Emerson Zachary" it has been followed up with, "What will you call him?" I am not sure why so many people are confused about what he will be called. After all, his name is Emerson - why would we call him something else?

Both of Emerson's grandfathers and his Uncle Bret have been given permission to call him "EZ". However, he will go by Emerson to all others. My family seems to think (Chad included) that the harder I push that he will be called Emerson, the more he will want to be called something else when he is growing up. Just so we are clear, I have a huge pet peeve about naming your child one thing and calling them another. Hence, Emerson was given a name that could not be shortened to something else. So, with that said, any of you who thought you might like to call Emerson something besides Emerson, think again.

No comments: