January 21, 2008

3 Months Old

Wow! It is so hard to believe that Emerson was three months old last week! The last few weeks have been crazy around our house as I have returned to work. With that came the addition of getting myself and Emerson ready in the morning, a drop off at the sitter, and then a pick up in the afternoon. I am enjoying being back at work and with grown ups each day, but do miss my little man very much! The days of being at school late everyday are over, now I am one of the first to leave.

Emerson is growing like a weed. I estimate that he is about 13.5 pounds now. He takes each meal very serious. He is a very content child who only cries when he truly is in need of something. We thank God each day for this blessing! He is talking up a storm, and seems to have gotten the gift of gab from his mother. He is constantly making noise in addition to being in motion. His arms and legs never stop. It is a wonder he gains any weight at all with all the calories he must be burning.

Emerson has wasted no time working on getting his bottom teeth. You can see the little buds starting to push through, as well as the drool that is constantly streaming from his mouth. We have already introduced a toothbrush to him and he loves to chew on it at bath time. When his arms aren't moving about you can find his fists in his mouth with lots of loud sucking. He has even discovered how to get just his thumb in there.

The television and ceiling fans are our friend. He is amazed by the motion and lights. We will catch him trying to re-position himself or turn his head to be able to see the TV when he is in the room. He is also able to recognize himself in the mirror. When you ask him who the baby is, he just smiles and giggles.

Here are some pictures that were taken by Emerson's Godmother in celebration of his three month birthday.

On, On U of K

How cute is this sweater?!?

The cutest face ever!

Emerson in his WVU t-shirt and hat

Emerson with his Godparents, Kari & Tim, who are big WVU fans

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Emerson is such a doll baby. I can't believe how fast they grow. I am glad that God has blessed you and Chad. I believe that you are great parents. Pictures look great!!

Amanda Sweeney

Anonymous said...

He is soo cute!! I just can't believe its been 3 months already....i wanna come down over the summer so bad and help you take care of him...I love and miss you guys sooo....much!!!!!!!!

Love,
Lindy!!! <3