I often heard many mothers talking about how time flies with a child and "enjoy every minute" because it goes so fast. Boy, you really have no concept of that until you have a child of your own. I am still trying to figure out where the last 5 months have gone. Emerson went from this little person who needed me for everything to a little boy who is able to sit up, eat solids, babble, and sleep through the night (this means about 11 hours at time!) just to mention a few. He has grown and changed what seems like over night sometimes. All of sudden I will notice that he is doing something new and think, "When did he start to do that?"
I know that I have changed that quickly too. Motherhood started off a little rough for me, but I wouldn't give it up for anything at this point. It is the most amazing thing to ever happen in my life. I was reading an article in Parenting magazine the other day about how becoming a mother changes you for the better (http://www.parenting.com/article/Mom/Relationships/How-Becoming-Mom-Changes-You). I would like to think Emerson has changed me for the better. I know that he is watching my every move and will continue to watch me with more interest and intent as he grows. I feel that gives all of my decisions perspective. When my grandmother passed away last year (a few months before Emerson was born) I blogged about how I always thought to myself, "What would Gram think about this decision?" Now Emerson has taken this place. I want to be the best for me, but more so I want to be the best for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment