
Today is Emerson's half birthday! Where, oh where, has the time gone? I can't believe how much he has grown and changed over the last six months. Here is a little update on life with Emerson.
Stats. Emerson received his 6 month shots today. He weighs 17 pounds 5 ounces and is in the 50th percentile for his weight. He is 28 inches long and is in the 92nd percentile for his height.
Teeth. Well, we don't have any yet. They are really bothering him and he growls each evening to let us know. He will put anything in his mouth, including the paper on the exam table in the pediatricians office.
Sleep. Emerson has been a good sleeper from day one. He has been sleeping through the night for the last 6 weeks or so. It is amazing to get to go to bed and stay there, usually. At least when we do have to get up it is long enough to soothe Emerson and then sleepily stumble back to bed. No more feedings!
Food. Emerson has solids two times a day. In the morning with his bottle he has cereal, and then he has fruit and veggies after his dinner bottle. He has learned how to open his mouth when he wants more and even looks like he is chewing.
Bottle. Whenever the bottle comes near Emerson, full or empty, he immediately grabs it from your hands and shoves it into his mouth. Tonight we gave him the sippy cup for the first time. He thought the handles were a teething ring, and I had to put it to his mouth. I even tried to model for him how to use it, but he wasn't interested. We will try again in a few days.
Movement. Emerson is able to roll in all directions, and will roll multiple times in a row across the floor. He loves to lay on his belly and kick his legs like he is swimming. He can soldier crawl in small increments and scoots on his back. He is on the verge of really crawling.
Love. Emerson loves to smile and giggle. I can put my cheek up to his mouth and say, "Give Mommy kisses" and he will open his mouth and push it against my face (sometimes I even get a little wet tongue ion my cheek).
Growing Up. Emerson is not as interested in being held anymore. He is constantly trying to get down out of your arms. At bedtime I would hold Emerson and rock for a few minutes, mostly as a little quiet Mommy/Baby time and then he would still be awake when I layed him down. He is now no longer interested in our together time, much to my dismay, he squirms in my arms until I put him in his bed. He will lay there and talk and make noise until falling asleep.
1 comment:
Oh how I wish you lived here in MD with me! :) Can't wait to get our boys together! Love ya!
Post a Comment