April 5, 2008

Spring Break

Spring break this year was filled with lots of great memories. First, this is the first year in about 5 years that I have done anything on spring break; and if I had known all that would happen we may have made it 6!
Let's begin with the car ride. On the way to visit my parents in Pennsylvania I got a stomache virus that Emerson had from his sitter's kids. So, needless to say I traveled down interstate 64 and 79 throwing up in a garbage bag. When we stopped for the night Chad decided he would get his own version of this virus. So, the next morning I drove the remaining 5 hours in prayer we would all make it alive. Upon our arrival we kindly passed this virus to my parents, grandparents, and aunt. All of which enjoyed several days of misery on account of seeing our smiling faces. (Sorry to all that we infected!)

On a much more enjoyable note, Emerson got to spend a week with is G-ma and a couple of days with Grandpa before he left for Spain. Chad and I were lucky enough to spend a few days in Niagra Falls for our anniversary (which is next week). We really enjoyed our alone time and seeing the sights.

During our visit Emerson had a new accomplishment. He had been rolling over and getting stuck on his arm for some time, but made it completely over for the first time while my parents looked on. I was glad they could witness this first in his life!

Needless to say, we all had a great visit and are glad that we continued on despite our illness!
Emerson and Grandpa

The Horseshoe Falls

We were really there!

How beautiful!

Chad and I went to the IMAX theater and saw about all of the people
that have gone over the falls. This is one of their vessels.


No comments: