Patience: the capacity, habit, or fact of being patient
I love being a wife and mother more than anything. There are lots of lessons that I have learned over the years, and am sure there are many more to come. Lately I think God is trying to strengthen my patience. Let me explain.
Emerson has slept through the night since he was 4 months old, minus the occasional night here and there. However, I have been up 4 of the last 5 nights for at least an hour with him. In addition, Chad is taking some new medicine for his sinus infections that has caused him to have the hiccups since Saturday. So, the last few nights when I wasn't up with Emerson I was being awoken by the shaking of my bed (better known as my husband's hiccups).
As I lay awake in bed at 4am this morning listening to Emerson cry and Chad hiccup, I knew that God must be preparing my patience. I am not sure what He has in store, but be sure that if things keep up I will be awake and listening no matter the time of day.
1 comment:
I'm right there with you! Callan got up at 11:30 last night, and then again at 5:00am. Then at 4:10am an alarm started going off in our house. We found out it was Gene's friend's cell phone alarm going off. He left it here last night by accident. Then in between those three awakenings was Gene blowing his nose every so often because he's sick. By God's grace, I was still able to get up at 6am to have my quiet time. God will give strength to the weary, and patience to the "patient-less." :)
Post a Comment