March 17, 2009

Around the Hambrick House

Here are some things you might hear if you were a fly on the wall around our house these days:
Chad and I
  • "No, we don't hit the dog!"
  • "You already have two cookies, one in each hand."
  • "Please don't throw your Moo off the deck again."
  • "Be nice to Madeline (the dog)!"
  • "Where's the ball?"
  • "Give Madeline love"

Emerson

  • "Cra-ca"
  • "Da" cue pointing (means that)
  • "Bye-Bye" cue waving
  • "Dau" cue hitting
  • "Ball, ball, ball, ball"
  • "Da-dee" (the kid doesn't say ma-ma anymore)
  • "Mi, Mi" We are on a big milk kick, the kid could drink a gallon a day!
  • "Moo" A boy can't drink milk without his Moo.

Emerson of course has MANY more words these days, however these 8 seem to be his favorite right now. He has hit a hitting stage right now and wants to hit everyone and everything. My sitter tells me it is better to have a hitter than a biter, I guess we shall see.

Today Emerson is 17 months old and we are loving watching him grow. It seems he is doing something new everyday. He thinks he can jump, which really equates to him bending at his knees and standing up really fast. Too funny! He runs everywhere - and I hear Chad say that he thinks he is getting faster all the time.

I have the best kid!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I agree - be VERY GLAD he is not a biter!

Gretchen said...

He is growing up so fast! Some of those words really crack me up- like joos and cra-ca. Hilarious. I hope I get to see him (and you) soon!