May 13, 2009
Music to my Ears
Well, as you know from previous posts Emerson is building his language skills fast. He has been saying two word phrases for a week or so, and is slowly adding in some three word phrases. My favorite of those is "git dat ball" or get that ball. Anyone who has spent time around Emerson knows he LOVES balls. He will see something, anything that even resembles a round shape and he is screaming "ball" and pointing. Anyway, I have been working on please and thank you with him. Just using them in conversation at the appropriate times, and he will sometimes repeat me. Today he said "thank you" on two different occasions when I said it to him. So, this got me thinking that maybe he would finally say "love you" if I said it first. I have been preparing him for weeks trying to hear those precious words, and tonight while I was dressing him for bed he FINALLY said it! It sounded a bit like "uv oo" but it was clearly "love you" and he said it a couple of times. Talk about a melting heart (I think some may have left a stain on his carpet it was so runny!) Now I can't wait until he knows what it means when he says it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment