December 7, 2009

Funny Conversation

This morning Emerson started fussing from his crib at about 5:00. Needless to say my alarm was already going off, otherwise I would have been really upset. He seemed to settle down a bit so I decided I should go ahead and jump in the shower in case he decided to be up for good. Well, just as I was getting out the shower he was up and yelling, "Mommy".

I made my way upstairs to get him out of his bed. He met me with his beautiful smile and I picked up him. As we were headed out of his bedroom the following conversation took place:

Mommy: "Baby, why are you awake so early?"
Emerson: "I cying"
Mommy: (a little laugh here) "I know, why were you crying?"
Emerson: "I want out my bed"

I guess I obviously should have known the answers to these questions! I love how I can have a conversation with my 2 year old. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing, isn't it?? Laura J