January 26, 2010

Emerson is 2 1/4

Emerson is now 2 1/4, doesn't mean much to most, but to me that means we are ever so closer to 3. So, what's he up to now...

Humor - Emerson gets humor. He will watch something on TV that is supposed to be funny and he laughs at just the right time. Not only does he get humor, he IS humor. Chad and I joke that he is going to be the "class clown". He just says and does some of the funniest things and loves it when you laugh at him.

Talking - We are now speaking in full sentences ALL of the time. Whether we are in the car and he says, "Where the tractor Mommy?" or watching Finding Nemo (his favorite right now) and he says, "I sit in Mommy's lap." His languages skills seem to grow by leaps and bounds each day.

Sleeping - The last few weeks have been rough on the sleep front. God spoiled us for the first 26 months of Emerson's life and we had a rude awakening when 2010 hit. Emerson transitioned to a"big boy" bed over the Christmas break and did great with it. Then he just decided one night that he wasn't going to sleep in his bed and didn't want anything to do with it. Well, needless to say there were a couple of nights that he slept on the floor in his room. Things are progressing after feeling like we had a newborn again, we are down to only one waking per night (thank you Jesus!).

Health - Emerson has been a generally very healthy boy. We have had the occasional ear infection, but nothing too big. Well, apparently we have had too many ear infections and our pediatrician wants us to get tubes put in his ears. We go next Thursday for the consult and hopefully will be scheduling the procedure. He is a trooper with the ear infections, most of the time not letting on there is anything wrong with him, so I expect that the procedure will be a piece of cake. I will keep you updated.

We just love this little boy! He always keeps us on our toes. There are some tough times right now as he is "fighting" for his independence, but I like to think that Chad and I keep it all in perspective. I try to remind myself, "This is just a phase, it will pass." Before I know it he will be off to college and I will be wishing for the sleepless nights when he was little enough to hold in my arms. ☺

No comments: