I love how Emerson has different relationships with Chad and I. Along with that we each share our own special, I guess you would call them, inside jokes.
Emerson loves the book Go Dogs, Go right now! I can appreciate this love, it was my favorite book as a child and the first one I remember being able to read on my own. One of Emerson's favorite parts is where the male dog and female dog come together and ask, "Do you like my hat?" Most of the story (if you aren't familiar) the dogs say, "No, I do not." It's only at the end that they say, "Yes, I do like your hat".
Knowing that story explains one of Emerson and I's inside things. From time to time he will put something on his head, come to me, and ask, "Do you like my hat?" I will say, "No, I do not!" Then we giggle. Tonight I was wearing this flower headband (like the petals of a flower standing up off my head) and he said, "Mommy, your hat!" So on cue I asked, "Emerson, do you like my hat?" He responded with a smile, "Yes, I do like your hat!" He knew exactly what I was talking about!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! That's awesome! Laura J
Post a Comment