Louis Sabin, All About Dogs As Pets
Madeline Lou
5/5/2000 - 5/8/2010
Last night we had to put our beloved Madeline to sleep. We had no idea she was sick, it just hit her yesterday and she went downhill quickly. After rushing her to the vet last night we found out she had a tumor on her spleen that had ruptured and she was bleeding internally. The choices were grim either way; surgery where she would very likely die of complications due to her age or putting her to sleep while she wasn't yet in much pain. It was a hard choice for both Chad and I. Many tears were shed as we decided what to do.
She had an incredible ability, as only dogs do, to know when you needed her. She was always at my side when I had a bad day, was sad, or just needed some extra love. When I got pregnant with Emerson she immediately became extra protective and starting sleeping right beside me. When Emerson was born she would make the trek to and from his room with me for night time wakings. She was my sidekick. I always knew that I was never up alone because she would be there. As Emerson has grown, we worried that the tough little boy he was becoming would soon be too much for her. She proved us wrong and loved every minute of it. Sometimes he was a little rough, but he was her boy and she protected him just the way she had always protected me.
Madeline became our first child just 9 months after we began dating, and has been through many of lifes ups and downs with us over the last 10 years. We already miss her and our home won't be the same.
Always at Emerson's side

6 comments:
She will be missed!
She was the best dog anyone could have! (:
I love you!
Lindy<3
So sorry to hear about this! :(
Sorry to hear about your loss. She was such a sweet girl. I sure do miss her.
Oh Pamela, I'm so sorry for you guys. It's heartbreaking.
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's never an easy time.
Hi Pamela, I found your blog through some mutual friends' blogs - and I want to send my condolences on the loss of your beloved pet. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one, whether they have two legs or four legs. I feel that God has a special place in his Kingdom for animals - he did, of course, create animals, too!
When I think of pets that have passed, I am encouraged by the words of Pope John Paul II, who said...
"the animals possess a soul and men must love and feel solidarity with our smaller brethren"
and that animals are "fruit of the creative action of the Holy Spirit and merit respect"
and are "as near to God as men are"."
Post a Comment