June 7, 2010

Potty Training - Days 2 and 3

Day 3

Ever heard someone say, "I've slept since then." when you ask if they remember something? That statement described Emerson this morning. It was a rough start getting Emerson even to sit on the potty, but once he was successful things progressed nicely from there. We only had to change our shorts once today! I hope he gets the concept that it's okay to poop in the potty soon - we have yet to even make that attempt. I will say that some are skeptical of the 3 Day Potty Training methods, but I think it makes sense. Emerson can tell you that he is a big boy, wears big boy underwear (he may ask if you want to see) and (MOST important) he knows that he doesn't wear diapers anymore!!!

Emerson has been earning stickers on a chart for each time that he pee's in the potty. He is working to earn a fish (a real one) that can live in his room. As of the time of this post he is only 1 sticker away, he has done wonderfully these past few days! We are so proud of him.

Day 2

Day 2 was much better than day 1. Emerson had some accidents, but they were small and were followed by him realizing he had started to pee and then we made our way to the potty and he finished there. I was glad to see him recognize that he was going to the bathroom and that the potty was where that should really be happening. Emerson also woke up from his nap today DRY!!! We are making some progress.

He put the bananas there himself :)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Yea Emerson! What a big boy you are!

Anonymous said...

So jealous!! Good work! Laura J