July 15, 2010

They're Coming!

In the craziness of the last six weeks, only a few people know that....my parents are moving to Lexington!!! As Emerson put it, I am currently in Pennsylvania picking up G-ma and Pa-pa.

Let me back up a bit. In late May (a Monday) my parents put their house on the market. It sold two days later. Since then things have been a whirl wind. My parents came down in mid June to look for a place to live and found a great townhouse across town from us. In late June, when my sister and I (along with our kids) were heading to PA for a week long visit, my mom fell at the local grocery store and broke her knee cap in three places. While we were visiting, mom had surgery to have pins put in her knee and has not been able to put any weight on her knee since then.

That brings us to today. I have flown to PA to drive one of my parents cars to Lexington tomorrow. Due to mom's accident, she is not allowed to drive.

I am excited to have my parents close, and Emerson is VERY excited that G-ma and Pa-pa will be around more often.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Wow! We really didn't have a chance to talk about anything at the park, did we? I had no idea your parents were moving or that your mom got hurt. That's awesome that they will be so close to you! So fun!