August 6, 2010

South Carolina Aquarium

One cloudy, rainy day while on vacation we went into Charleston to the South Carolina Aquarium. It was okay, but left a little something to be desired in my opinion. The others pretty much told me I am an aquarium snob (I am also a zoo snob apparently) because I wasn't impressed. Once you have been somewhere phenomenal like the Georgia Aquarium, no others compare. Emerson still had fun running from tank to tank and looking at the fish.

Anxiously waiting in line

We spotted our first pod of dolphins on the outdoor viewing deck

Emerson touched the snake on two different occasions


Where's Emerson?

Checking out the big fish


One of my complaints is that most aquariums require kids to be held up to see the exhibits - it annoys me - aren't places like this supposed to be designed for kids?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandson touched a snake!! Oh No, visions of his dad.