
The journey towards three years old has been a rough one the last few weeks. It's funny, I now remember people saying that three was worse than two. No, at that point I couldn't imagine it. Now, Emerson is big enough to talk back and run away when he doesn't like what you are saying. Not to mention the work out the time out rug has been getting! Let's just say there is a high level of frustration trying to complete the most simple tasks, like getting dressed. Most days getting Emerson dressed leaves me in a full sweat! Even when he gets to choose his clothes I practically have to hold him down to get the clothes on him.
Well, you are probably saying - what does this have to do with the title of this post? Well, even in he midst of the "growing pains" our boy is still very sweet. He will come out of no where and kiss you or hug you. He has wanted to be held a lot lately and will nuzzle into your neck and lay there. Each night after we have read our stories and the lights are off, we always snuggle for a few minutes in his bed. Tonight when I was leaving and the hugs and kisses have been exchanged, I hear this little voice say, "Thank you mommy for laying with me and thank you for reading me books." What a sweet ending to me day.
No comments:
Post a Comment