There's a little story behind this train table: a lady that Kari and I work with sent out an email several weeks ago and said that she had a Thomas train table (with tracks and trains) that she was looking to give away - did anyone want it? I immediately responded by email that I wanted it. Much to my dismay, about two minutes later an email came out saying that someone had already claimed it (I assumed it was me, but it wasn't). At lunch that day (Kari and I eat together), I was fussing that I missed out on the free train table for Emerson. Kari begins to laugh wildly and informs me, "That's because KK and TT are giving to him!" She had beat me to it! Who could be mad that someone else loves your kid enough to jump at an opporunity like that!
Anyway, he had the biggest smile last night as he tore off the paper and realized what was underneath. He played for the next 45 minutes completely in a trance. As I am typing, he has re-discovered it this morning and is playing again. I see lots of great time spent at the train table in the coming weeks/months.
1 comment:
I got Alexandra a train table too. Whenever she is at a playgroup with boys they have them and she LOVES it. I was looking for a deal too - I got mine for 35 bucks at a consignment shop and it looks brand new! They run like 160 bucks otherwise! Glad Emerson is enjoying his table. Alex plays with hers everyday!
Post a Comment