4/2 - Saturday
Spent the morning enjoying some coffee in my PJ's, not really sure what happened after that!
4/3 - Sunday
Church and dinner with my parents, enjoyed the day in the sunshine and playing outside with Emerson. Emerson even got his first mini sunburn, on his nose and cheeks, of the year. Went to see mom and dad's new house to be. Chad went to Nashville to go to a Rush concert with a good friend.
4/4 - Monday
After a short trip to the dentist for me, during this time Emerson got to spend some quality time with our babysitter, Katie; we then changed out closets (winter to spring) and pulled out some clothes to donate and sell at consignment. We cleaned most of downstairs - Emerson can be a great helper when he chooses to be! We also made rice crispie treats, Emerson LOVED dropping the marshmellows in the pan and watching them melt. Chad came home from Nashville and Emerson was glad to have his daddy back.
4/5 - Tuesday
A "Me" Day - Kari and I spent many hours browsing and shopping at the mall and some other stores during the day. It was nice to just have time to look at whatever we wanted and not be on a timetable. We enjoyed lunch at Chick-fil-a and dinner at P.F. Chang's - it was a great day overall!
4/6 - Wednesday
Emerson and I started our day with a trip to the public library. We were supposed to be there for story time, but the 3 year old in my life decided he wanted to just look at books, check out a few DVD's and head home. The afternoon was beautiful, so after lunch Emerson skipped his nap and we worked in the back yard together. We organized the shed and found homes for some of the old baby items; moved a large stack of wood off the patio and behind the shed, and cleaned up all of the random balls and toys scattered around our yard. We even found a few minutes to clean a bathroom - this one was really on me, I couldn't convince Emerson that it really could be fun to clean the toilet! :)
4/7 - Thursday
Today Emerson and I made cupcakes. He had been asking all week to make them. He is now the official "egg cracker" at our house! If he sees an egg he wants to crack it! He loved holding the mixer. I had lunch with an old friend, it was great to chat and catch up! :) Emerson and daddy spent some time at the YMCA swimming together - really swimming. After Emerson's swim lessons the week before, Chad promised to take him swimming. We then packed up Emerson for a night at KK and TT's house. Chad and I celebrated our 6th anniversary with a steak dinner (Chad grilled) and a trip to Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt (my new favorite). Chad would be working on Saturday so we were celebrating a few days early.
4/8 - Friday
After sleeping late - like 8:30 - I made a grocery run for the week - ALL alone. KK brought Emerson home a little after lunch, and KK and I met a friend of ours to help her make a final selection on her wedding gown. It was so much fun watching someone else go through this process. I also got some new glasses - much needed after Kari's crazy dog chewed off part of the ear piece. Emerson and I made some banana bread this day - he again was the official "egg cracker" and helped to mix the batter. We then spent a great evening together as a family, grilling out and riding bikes.
4/9 - Saturday
PJ Day!
Emerson and I stayed in our PJ's ALL day (I really did and he ended up dressing himself late afternoon). It was stormy, so it was the perfect weather for PJ's and movies all day. It did eventually get sunny around dinner time, and Emerson and Fiona went out back to play. Needless to say, they both ended up getting hosed down before being allowed back in the house! Emerson soaked an entire shoe and sock in a mud puddle - this finally convinced him that my idea of bare feet was really best. It was fun to watch them both!
******************Cute picture to come here soon**************************
4/10 - Sunday
Today we spent a good portion of the day at the Cincinnati Zoo. It was about 80 degrees today and beautiful! After returning to town, we ran some errands to get ready for the coming week and made a trip to the library. We have been outside playing since. Chad grilled a little dinner and we are trying to enjoy each minute of the last day of spring break!
Tomorrow at 5:05 when my alarm goes off, reality will set in yet again. Until then, I am going to keep sitting on my deck, listening to my beautiful boy giggle, and take in all of the warmth from the sunshine I can.
P.S. I am already counting down the days until summer break!
1 comment:
Summer break= time with me too!!(:
Love youu<3
Lindy or Cindy as Emerson would say :p
Post a Comment