After spending three and a half year with Ms. Kim, then all summer at home with me, school was a hard transition. The morning drop off has been stressful for Emerson, and possibly more stressful for me. No mommy likes to leave their child screaming for them, even when they know their kid is okay five minutes later and being taken care of in a loving way. Needless to say, there were several mornings this week I found myself in tears as I walked away and got back in the car. This morning is the first without tears since the first day of school.
Chad and I can already see how much Emerson is learning. Not just academically, but socially and emotionally as well. It's funny when you have been trying to teach your child something for a period of time, only for them to "learn" it from someone else. Example: Emerson came home the first week telling me the sound that the letter "h" made. Hmmm...I've only been telling him these things since practically birth, but since Ms. Nakia said it then is must be true! (If you are reading this mom and dad then you are laughing, and YES I do know that there are plenty more of these moments to come!)
Emerson will be moving to the four year old room beginning on Monday or the blue room. He loves his new teacher, Ms. Liz and is excited to be with bigger kids. I think this transition will be good for him. Here is a picture of Emerson from his first day - he doesn't really like to let me take his picture these days, so it's the best I could get. There's always the first day of kindergarten, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment