January 25, 2013

Getting Closer

We are getting closer to being in our own home again! We have spent the last 5 months living with family, most of which has been with Chad's mom. She has been so kind to open her home to us and let us make it ours temporarily. You don't realize how having space can keep a person sane, until you are trying to live your life (i.e. a family of 3) in a small space.

Our house is getting closer to being finished. We have begun the painting process, and most all ceiling are complete and a few small rooms have color! We are hoping to be around the beginning of March, if not sooner. In addition to painting during the last week, we have chosen our granite countertops, and the tile has begun being laid.

While Chad and I were at the house working last weekend, I began to cry. My husband, God love him, looked at me and asked what was wrong in a concerned voice. All I could do was smile and explain they were actually tears of joy. I could feel this space finally starting to become our home, and all of the time and hardwork reaching the end - our dream coming to fruition! God has blessed us in the process! We have had few hiccups - and those have been tiny in the grand scheme!

We are so excited to make it through these final weeks as we finish up the space that we will soon call home.

No comments: