May 24, 2009

Family Day

We spent this hot, humid Sunday together as a family. We began with Chad mowing the grass (we skipped church today), then to Jacobson Park to play and meet the ducks, to Wal-mart, nap time, playing in the backyard, dinner, finishing the day with a little play indoors before tubby time and bed. Whew, what a day! And that was just what Emerson participated in. I really enjoyed my day - I would say the guys did too.

"Hurry up Daddy! I want to go to the park!"
Anytime Chad is mowing Emerson is glued to the door watching.

"Here I come!"
On our way to see the ducks...and geese
This goose was really upset that we didn't bring bread - he walked up and tried to take "something" from Chad's hand. I kept my distance - geese are not one my favorite animals. I have had a couple bad experiences with being chased by geese - they give me the willies!

Emerson has kiwi on his tray here. He ate two by himself at dinner. He had several baby foods that had kiwi in it, but this is his first time eating the fruit by itself.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Callan and I went to a local lake to see the ducks yesterday, too! He loves them! I hate the geese, too. He has also recently discovered bubbles. Does Emerson like to chase bubbles, too?