October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We had an excellent Halloween tonight. Emerson went as a doctor - with scrubs and his Fisher Price doctor kit. This was the first year that Emerson has participated in trick-or-treating. The last two years we dressed him up and took him to his grandparents and godparents homes to visit.

I knew that since this was our first year going door to door Emerson would need some examples of what to do, so we joined the Taylor family (our cousins). Ben, Emma, Cameron, and Christopher took good care of Emerson and showed him the ropes. By the end of the night a worn out Emerson was telling me, "I go", as the other kids ran up to the door of a few remaining houses.

I, I mean Emerson, scored a good amount of candy for his first year. As soon as the first sucker was thrown into his bag he had it out and opened. If you look close at some of his pictures you will see sucker drool on his scrub top.

Dr. Emerson warming up with a box of nerds

In order from front to back: Ben (pirate), Christopher (Batman),
Emma (witch), Emerson, and Cameron (Spiderman)

Trick or treat!


Checking out a Tigger in someone's yard



Thanks for the candy, now on to the next house!


Cameron, Ben and Christopher check out their loot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute, I remember 2 yrs ago when I carried a litte black cat door to door. sad i missed the fun this year. g-mas

Anonymous said...

Dr. Emerson looks so grown up! What great pictures! Laura

Murphys said...

Glad to see Emerson had a good time.

Aislyn enjoyed her first Halloween. We went to a few houses. Some she walked to, most we carried. She studied every face/ mask. We think she liked playing with the candy the best. She kept throwing the candy out from the bin... If I can't have it, no one can. We will be one if a few weeks. WOW!!! Going to Virginia The weekend of her birthday.