October 24, 2009

Sesame Street Live!

This morning Emerson, KK and I went to see Sesame Street Live, When Elmo Grows Up. It was supposed to be a family trip, but Chad ended up with the flu and had to stay at home (which meant we had to stay away) and KK had to be the fill in (see this post about the circus last year).

I went to see Sesame Street Live when I was a kid, I think about the second grade though, with my Brownie troop. Emerson was completely entranced when the show began and every time that Elmo would go off stage he would turn and say, "Where Melno go?" We had a great time! The show was much longer than I had expected, and ended up leaving into the second act. I can see us going again next time it comes to town. There are three different versions, I think, so we will enjoy Sesame Street Live again soon!

Eating popcorn and waiting for the show to begin


All of the characters you know and love from Sesame Street were present and accounted for, even the new ones like Abby Cadabby that weren't around when I was a kid.


"Cookie, Be Bird, and Bert" dance it up!



Emerson climbed into my lap about 3 minutes
into the show and sat there the entire time



"Melno"



This was close to the end of the first act - Emerson kept
saying "tain" and pointing through the entire song

1 comment:

Murphys said...

I can not wait until we get to take Aislyn to Sesame Street or Disney on Ice. Can't believe how fast everything is going. I know that is what you said, but whew....Emerson is 2 and Aislyn is one. Have a Happy Halloween.