June 13, 2011

A long overdue post

Sometimes I look at my own blog, like something exciting is waiting there for me. Only to be reminded that I haven't been posting a lot lately. Chad and I were talking the other day about the fact that we don't take pictures and video the way we used to either. I guess we have just been living life and enjoying each moment - so much that we haven't been documenting it like we used to.

School is finally out for summer, and today is really my first day of "vacation". Kids got out of school on June 3, but I had lots of things to take care of last week like attending PD and presenting at a conference.

Emerson and I are looking forward to a lot of days hanging out at the pool. I am also looking forward to finishing some outside renovations to our house. Last month we had new siding put on, and I am in the process of painting the shutters a new matching color. My dad and Chad will be working on cutting down some trees, fixing the supports on the side of our house that hold up our air unit, and putting in some new doors. Not to mention the plans I have for some inside space too.

In addition to the work around the house and time at the pool, we are planning to have some visitors and take a few trips this summer. Our cousin, Lindy, will come in later this month for about two weeks and our niece, Eleyna, will be coming for a week in July. Also this month, we are headed to St. Louis for a few days with Tim and Kari. Emerson and Tim will both be crossing the Mississippi River for the first time. Then near the end of July (and summer break), Emerson, Chad and I are headed to Indianapolis for a few days. We are going to their GREAT children's museum and a rhythm/percussion center that is hands on. We may even spend a little time at the zoo.

Hopefully now I have a little more time on my hands I will stay more up to date this summer. But I'm not making any promises. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!(:
Love you<3
Lindy.