Can it really be possible that my baby boy is going to Kindergarten in the fall? It is so, and the registration and screening process that took place Monday evening makes it official.
Emerson will go to kindergarten at the Jessamine Early Learning Village in Nicholasville. It is a really awesome building where the needs of 4, 5 and 6 year old are focused on; as preschool and kindergarten are the only grades in this building. All kinder students in the county go to the same building for K, and then return to their respective elementary schools for the remainder of their elementary years. Emerson will go to Wilmore Elementary for first through fifth grades.
On Monday night we took care of all of the paperwork, and Emerson spent some time with a K teacher doing the DIAL 4 assessment. For most parents in the room that information really meant nothing to them, unfortunately Emerson has a teacher mom who wants to know all about what they are doing and why. I was unfamiliar with this assessment and immediately looked it up on my phone to see what they were assessing with it. I was also lucky enough to be close to where Emerson was seated and could overhear a little of their conversations. Chad was giggling as I looked over the assessment information and talked to myself about it...he then informed me that he would hate to be Emerson's teacher!
Emerson was excited to get to see the building! He was very pleased that there was a basketball hoop in the gym and even asked the teacher screening him about it! He can't wait to start school!
Momma bear is excited too, I know that E is prepared for K and wants to learn new things! I just hope his desire for learning continues in the classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment