June 13, 2013

We are home?

We moved into our house about two weeks ago, and are slowly getting things put away and the last few projects completed. Every couple of days Chad asks me, "Does it feel like home yet?"

Hmmm...home is where your heart is, so they say. Yes, my heart is here: Chad and Emerson. We have spent more than a year in the works to call this our home; however, it still doesn't feel "normal" yet. It still feels strange to come here to live, not just to visit and check on the progress. I think I need a little more time to really feel HOME.

I am still amazed how God has blessed us through this process. Don't get me wrong, there were lots of hiccups (little ones) and plenty of tough days...but we made it. I have been going for a run the last few mornings (let me be honest, most of it is running - but there is some walking too) and I look at the beautiful scenery that surrounds our house, I am reminded that God is the one that made it all possible. We look out our front window to horses in the field and in the back we have cows in the pasture. Did you know there are still places you can live where you hear no cars, no sirens, no nothing. It is amazing to sit outside and only hear NATURE! To look up into the dark night sky and the light you see is STARS and not street lights!

House pictures to come soon...

No comments: