So not only are those some awesome lyrics from Grease, they are also how I feel about summer break. I LOVE summer! I love sweating by the pool, staying in bed until 9, and even not having to get dressed if I don't feel like it.This summer has seemed to go by at warp speed. I think they always go fast, but this one has been faster than others.
Next week, I will step back into my classroom to hang fabric on bulletin boards, arrange desks with new name tags, and get things organized for the upcoming year. Next week, I will make home visits to my new students and meet their family's. I will begin to get myself back in teacher mode. I love being a teacher, don't get me wrong. I wanted to be a teacher for as long as I remember and as I start my 11th year I can't imagine ever doing anything else.
But, when I add my teacher hat back to the mix it makes me miss being at home with my kiddo. Even more this year than before. Emerson starts kindergarten. I am now not just a teacher, but also a parent to a student. I am excited about all of the new adventures he has ahead of him, while being just a little sad that my boy is growing up so quickly. I keep thinking about how the next time he isn't a student, he will be a MAN. A man. A grown up man.
So, this summer has been about unpacking boxes at our new house and settling in. Even more, it has been about spending time with my Bug at the pool, cooking together, playing outside, going to Disney World, and just getting in as much snuggling as I can.
I bought school supplies for someone other than myself this year. Feels wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment