Today was a joyous day in my world - the braces finally came off! After 2 years and 3 months, I finally have beautiful, straight teeth. I have been pushing my orthodontist for the last few months because I wanted to have them off before the baby came. During my last visit he informed me that he would see me back in 4 weeks to remove the braces. I kindly reminded him that my baby was due in 4 weeks, and it just wouldn’t work out. He made me promise to wear a horrible rubber band for 3 weeks, and he would take them off then. Well, today was D-day. It is the most amazing thing to feel your teeth beneath your tongue. Oh, the trivial things in life we take for granted.
I have proudly shown off my new smile to anyone who will look. I actually made my entire staff of co-workers look at them today while I was leading some professional development at our staff meeting. I am sure they were truly less than enthused; however they mustered some excitement on my behalf.
I will leave you with one last picture to capture my metal mouth. I had Kari snap one last picture before leaving school today to have for all of posterity’s sake. Check back tomorrow for some great shots of my “new teeth”.
No comments:
Post a Comment