Mommy Guilt. If you are a mommy then I am sure that you have experienced this at some point, whether your child is 2 weeks or 20 years. There have been lots of books and articles written on the topic (google the phrase and see what you get) and lots of suggestions on how to "cure" or "zap" mommy guilt.
I too suffer with my own version of mommy guilt. I am a working mom, so there is guilt about my time spent with Emerson. Emerson is a toddler, so there is guilt in the moments that although I greatly adore him, I just don't like him very much. Those are only a couple of examples.
Today my family went to the pool, I applied sunscreen to Emerson, Chad and myself. Emerson was re-coated on three more occasions in the 2.5 hour time period. Well, what does that have to do with mommy guilt? How about the fact that my son still managed to get sunburned on his back, chest, shoulders, and streaks on his face where I missed a few spots? How about the questions from family at dinner tonight about what happened to his face? How about Emerson screaming "COLD!" when I re-applied the aloe before bed because he knew it was cold from an earlier slather?
This is my mommy guilt from today. I only wonder what it will be tomorrow. Am I destined to always feel some sort of mommy guilt?
2 comments:
it also happens to dads. We want the best and never want the baby to cry or even look upset. Having a blast at the beach. Hopefully new pics soon. Give a call I am home all day.
yes, no matter what age there is always mommy guilt and/or the feeling that you have been a BAD mommy.
(still having it and my babies are 26 and 29) guess who?????
Post a Comment